The role attribute defines the role the target topic plays in relationship with the current topic. For example, in a parent/child relationship, the role would be "parent" when the target is the parent of the current topic, and "child" when the target is the child of the current topic. This structure could be used to sort and classify links at display time.
Allowable values for the role attribute are:
- Indicates a link to a topic that is a parent of the current topic.
- Indicates a link to a direct child such as a directly nested or dependent topic.
- Iindicates a link between two children of the same parent topic.
- Indicates a link to a similar topic that is not necessarily part of the same hierarchy.
- Indicates a link to the next topic in a sequence.
- Indicates a link to the previous topic in a sequence.
- Indicates a link to another topic in the same hierarchy that is not a parent, child, sibling, next, or previous.
- Indicates a link to a topic above the parent topic.
- Indicates a link to a topic below a child topic.
- Deprecated--use the scope="external" attribute to indicate external links.
- Indicates any other kind of relationship or role. Enter that role as the value for the otherrole attribute.
- See Using the -dita-use-conref-target value for more information.