The DITA learning and training specializations address several important requirements facing developers and consumers of instructional content.
Today's learners confront a complex world with many inter-related bits and pieces of information, many different ways to access that information, and a strong need to identify the connection points, the objectives, and the context for what to know and what to learn.
- How to find the context for developing and delivering the right content to the right person at the right time?
- How to identify the learning goals and objectives?
- Who and how many are the audiences?
- How to pull together and integrate content from many different sources and content providers?
- How to enable customers and partners to add, integrate, assemble, and deliver their own content?
- Content consumers value consistency of content and learning experiences.
- They desire management of content to make it shareable across and within teams.
- They seek to simplify the information needed to support the complex environments.
- Finally, they want a content development process that can enable the assembly and delivery of custom content that addresses specific learning contexts and use cases.