Using a single ditavalref element as a child of a map or map branch indicates that the map or map branch must be conditionally processed using the rules specified in the referenced DITAVAL document.
The following rules outline how the filtering conditions that are specified in DITAVAL document are applied:
- ditavalref element as a direct child of a map
- The filtering conditions are applied to the entire map.
- ditavalref element within a map branch
- The filtering conditions are used to process the entire branch, including the parent element that contains the ditavalref element.
- ditavalref element within a topicref reference to a local map
- The filtering conditions are applied to the submap.
- ditavalref element within a topicref reference to peer map
- The reference conditions are not applied to the peer map.